Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, Green Mountains and Rattlesnake Range
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 1:58 AM MDT on August 27, 2016
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on August 27, 2016
... Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 8 PM MDT this
evening for low humidity... strong wind gusts... and critically dry
fuels for fire weather zones 280... 285... 287 and 289...
The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from noon today to 8 PM MDT this
evening. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Wind... west to southwest 10 to 15 with gusts to 25 mph in the
afternoon and early evening hours.
* Humidity... 10 to 15 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is strongly discouraged.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Statement as of 6:36 PM MDT on August 26, 2016
... Record low temperature tied at Riverton Wyoming on Friday...
The low temperature at Riverton Regional Airport bottomed out at 44
degrees Friday morning. This reading tied the old record of 44 set
in 2004. Note... the records for the Riverton site only date back to
The record low temperature at the cooperative site at Riverton for
August 26 is 33 degrees... which was set in 1992.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- Ohio - Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report