Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, Cody Foothills
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 1:37 PM MST on December 20, 2014
Expires 1:00 PM EST on December 21, 2014
... High Wind Warning in effect from 8 PM this evening to 11 am
The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a High Wind
Warning... which is in effect from 8 PM this evening to 11 am MST
Sunday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Summary and timing... high winds will develop over the Cody
foothills around 8 PM MST tonight and continue through Sunday
morning. The strongest winds are expected around the Clark area.
* Wind... 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 65 mph is expected.
* Impacts... high winds will make travel difficult and hazardous
for light weight and high profile vehicles. Along Highway 120
around Clark... the cross winds will cause a blow over threat.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
The latest Road conditions provided by the Wyoming Department of
Transportation are available by calling 5-1-1 or on the internet
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Texas - Record Report
- Utah - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Avalanche Warning , Public Information Statement