San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
West Virginia, Wyoming
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 10:39 PM EDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on November 01, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 8 PM Friday to
2 PM EDT Saturday...
* locations... Dickenson and Buchanan counties in southwest
Virginia along with McDowell and Wyoming counties in West
* Hazard types... snow.
* Snow accumulations... 1 to 2 inches in the river valleys with up
to 3 inches across the ridge tops.
* Timing... rain will change to snow by midnight Friday night and
continue into Saturday morning. The precipitation may end as
light rain or drizzle Saturday afternoon.
* Impacts... untreated roadways may become snow covered...
resulting in hazardous travel... particularly over the higher
elevations. Wind gusts may cause lower visibilities at times
especially across the ridges.
* Winds... northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... dropping into the lower 30s Friday night before
rising into the upper 30s during the day Saturday.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Please report snow accumulations to the National Weather Service
by calling toll free... 800-401-9535... when you can do so safely.
This phone number is to be used for reporting purposes only.
You can also report winter weather by posting your report to the
Charleston West Virginia National Weather Service facebook Page...
or by using the twitter hashtag... nwsrlx.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates.
Additional details can also be found at www.Weather.Gov/rlx.
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arkansas - Lake Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch , Lake Wind Advisory, Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Freeze Watch
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Indiana - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Kentucky - Winter Weather Advisory, Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Freeze Watch
- Oklahoma - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Freeze Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Washington - Flood Warning
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- - Gale Warning