Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, Simcoe Highlands
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:00 PM PDT on July 02, 2015
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on July 04, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect from noon Friday to 8 PM PDT
Saturday for for breezy winds and low relative humidity...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from noon Friday to 8 PM PDT
Saturday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected areas... Washington zone 639 east slopes of the southern
Washington Cascades and Oregon zone 639 east slopes of the
northern Oregon Cascades... mainly in the eastern Columbia River
* Timing... lowest relative humidity combined with stronger winds
expected to occur between 1 PM and 8 PM on Friday through
* Wind... west winds 15 to 25 mph in the eastern Columbia River
gorge and west to northwest winds 10 to 20 mph elsewhere.
* Humidity... as low as 15 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended. Do not release fireworks
near areas of dry vegetation or flammable material.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Statement as of 5:11 PM PDT on July 02, 2015
... New daily record high temperatures for July 1st...
Note: stations marked with * indicate that the station reports once
per day. For consistency... these values are considered to have
occurred on the day the observation was taken but may have actually
occurred (especially for Max temperature) on the previous day.
Station previous new records
record/year record began
The Dalles, or 102 / 2013 106 1929
Walla Walla, WA 105 / 2013 105 (tied) 1930
- Alabama - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Smoke Advisory
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Mississippi - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement