San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, West Slopes Northern Cascades and Passes
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 4:22 PM PDT on April 24, 2014
Expires 7:45 PM EDT on April 25, 2014
The National Weather Service in Seattle has extended the
* Flood Warning the following western Washington counties...
north central Snohomish County...
* until 445 PM PDT Friday.
* Flooding continues on the North Fork of the stillaguamish river
upstream of the sr 530 slide due to debris from the State Route
530 slide partially blocking the river and the resulting pooling
of water behind the debris dam. We will be updating the Flood
Warning on a day to day basis.
* Heavy rain Wednesday night through this morning brought 0.85 to
1.00 inch of rain the area with a 1 to 1.5 foot rise on the
North Fork of the stillaguamish river. The river crested this
afternoon and is now receding. Scattered showers tonight and
Friday may bring another 0.25 inches of rain... then another 0.60
inches or so with a cold front and showers Saturday night through
Sunday. This system may produce sharper rises on the river again.
* At 400 PM PDT Thursday... the North Fork of the stillaguamish
river near Arlington was at 6.03 feet or 5124 cfs. The North Fork
of the stillaguamish near Oso was at 218.01 feet... or 3322 cfs.
* At 945 am PDT Thursday... the elevation of the slide pool to the
east of the sr 530 landslide was 283.36 feet. There continues to
be a great amount of uncertainty in the forecast pool elevation
due in part to limited knowledge of how much water the new stream
channel through the slide debris will be able to convey.
A Flood Warning means flooding is occurring or imminent. Most flood
related deaths occur in automobiles. Do not attempt to cross water
covered bridges... dips... or low water crossings. Never try to cross a
flowing stream... even a small one... on foot. To escape rising water
move up to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 4825 12181 4829 12185 4829 12177 4829 12166
4824 12165 4826 12174
Statement as of 6:21 PM PDT on April 24, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Bellingham WA Airport...
A record rainfall of 1.14 inch(es) was set at Bellingham WA Airport
today. This breaks the old record of 0.92 set in 1972.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning
- Connecticut - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Mississippi - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Freeze Warning
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oregon - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Rhode Island - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Texas - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement