Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, Wenatchee Area
Statement as of 2:12 PM PDT on July 02, 2015
... Heat advisory remains in effect until 9 PM PDT Friday...
* temperatures... highs in the upper 90s to 104. Lows in the
* Locations... Wenatchee... Brewster... Omak... Oroville
* impacts... if you plan to be active be prepared for more hot
weather. Drink plenty of water. If you are outdoors... take
breaks from vigorous activity and rest in the shade.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency... call 911. A heat advisory means that a period
of hot temperatures is expected. Very hot temperatures can create
a situation in which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of
fluids... stay in an air- conditioned room... stay out of the sun...
and check up on relatives and neighbors.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:32 AM PDT on July 03, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to 9 PM
PDT this evening for wind and low relative humidity for the
The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued a red flag
warning for wind and low relative humidity... which is in effect
from 3 PM this afternoon to 9 PM PDT this evening. The Fire
Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area: fire weather zone 677 East Washington central
Cascade valleys (zone 677).
* Winds: west 12 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Relative humidities: 9 to 17 percent.
* Impacts: rapid fire spread is possible with existing fires or
new fire starts in the area.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create extreme fire growth potential.
Statement as of 1:31 AM PDT on July 03, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Pullman-moscow Regional Airport...
A record high temperature of 96 degrees was set at the Pullman-
moscow Regional Airport yesterday. This breaks the old record of 95
set in 2013.
- Alabama - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Smoke Advisory
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Mississippi - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement