Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, South Washington Cascade Foothills
Statement as of 4:12 AM PDT on July 03, 2015
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on July 05, 2015
... Heat advisory remains in effect until 6 PM PDT Sunday for much
of the interior lowlands in northwest Oregon and southwest
Washington including the central Oregon Coast Range and the
A heat advisory remains in effect until 6 PM PDT Sunday.
* High temperatures: generally in the 90s... except 85 to 95 in the
higher terrain and lower Columbia. Hottest time of the day will
be 1 PM to 6 PM each afternoon.
* Low temperatures: temperatures will continue to be slow to cool
off in the evening... especially in urban areas and higher
terrain. Lows will generally be in the upper 50s and 60s...
though some urban areas and hills may not fall below 70 degrees
* Locations include: Vancouver... Battle Ground... Washougal...
Eugene... Springfield... Corvallis... Albany... ODell... Sandy...
Estacada... Sweet Home... Salem... McMinnville... Hillsboro...
Portland... Oregon City... Gresham... St. Helens... Veneta...
Toutle... Ariel... Lake Merwin... Cougar... Cottage Grove...
* impacts: take care not to over exert during the heat of the
day... and to stay hydrated with clear liquids. Automobiles can
heat up rapidly to temperatures harmful or even deadly to pets
and children. Use caution near area rivers... be water smart...
wear a life jacket and use good judgment.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning. Know
the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear
light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible and drink
plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
Statement as of 5:26 AM PDT on July 02, 2015
... More records fall in our early Summer heat wave...
Temperatures set records yet again on as many locations approached
or reached the century mark Thursday afternoon. The following two
locations set new high temperature records for July 2...
Location high temp previous record/year
Eugene Airport 101 98 / 1942
Troutdale Airport 99 96 / 1967
In addition to the afternoon heat... relief overnight has been hard
to come by with temperatures remaining at record warm levels through
the night and morning hours. The following location set a new record
for warmest daily minimum temperature for July 2...
Location low temp previous record/year
Portland Airport 67 63 / 2013
- Alabama - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Smoke Advisory
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Montana - Fire Weather Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wyoming - Record Report
- - Severe Thunderstorm Watch