Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, Yakima Valley
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:45 AM PST on December 20, 2014
Expires 3:43 AM EST on December 23, 2014
121 am PST Sat Dec 20 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect from this afternoon through
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Oregon and Washington... including the following
areas... in Oregon... central Oregon... East Columbia river gorge
of Oregon... east slopes of the Oregon Cascades and north central
Oregon. In Washington... east slopes of the Washington Cascades
and Simcoe Highlands... eastern Columbia River gorge of
Washington... Kittitas Valley and the Yakima Valley.
* From this afternoon through Monday afternoon
* moderate to heavy rainfall along the east slopes of the Cascades
will lead to rising rivers as well as the small creeks and
streams. Snow levels will start off around 2500-3000 feet... but
will quickly rise to over 6000 feet by Sunday afternoon.
* Small creeks and streams will start to rise today with the
larger rivers seeing substantial rises tonight and Sunday. Minor
flooding will be possible Sunday evening into Monday evening for
the Deschutes river near Moody... and the Naches River near
Naches. Several other rivers are expected to crest at action
stage... but are not forecast to reach flood stage. However... the
small creeks and streams could see minor flooding... especially
Sunday as moderate rain and snow melt are expected to occur.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor the latest forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a
* Flood Watch for
the Naches River near Naches
* from Sunday evening to late Monday night.
* At 11:15 PM Friday the stage was 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is possible.
* Flood stage is 17.8 feet.
* Forecast... flood stage may be reached by Sunday evening.
* The river is forecast to reach a maximum stage of 18.3 feet by late
Statement as of 2:29 AM PST on December 20, 2014
Expires 3:00 PM EST on December 21, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from noon today to noon PST
A Wind Advisory remains in effect from noon today to noon PST
* Timing: winds will pick up this afternoon and continue through
* Winds: sustained winds of 25 to 35 mph with gusts of 45 to 55
mph are expected. These gusts will likely be along the base of
the Yakima Valley as it meets up with the Simcoe Highlands... and
may not be as strong further into the valley.
* Impacts: sudden wind gusts will make traveling difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Loose objects... including
Holiday decorations... may suddenly become airborne.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast
between 30 and 39 mph or gusts ranging from 45 to 57 mph. Winds
of these magnitudes can make driving difficult... especially for
high profile vehicles. Minor property damage may also occur. For
additional weather information... check our web site at
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Watch , Record Report
- Maine - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Statement , Dense Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico - Dense Fog Advisory
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Utah - Winter Storm Warning
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning