San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, South Washington Coast
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 12:25 PM PDT on October 25, 2014
... High Wind Warning in effect until 9 PM PDT this evening for the
South Washington coast...
The National Weather Service in Portland has issued a High Wind
Warning... which is in effect until 9 PM PDT this evening.
* Winds: south 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 70 mph... mainly in
exposed locations at higher elevations.
* Timing: strongest winds most likely between 2 PM and 7 PM.
* Impacts: power outages and areas containing significant tree
damage are possible.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Statement as of 9:47 AM PDT on October 25, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 25, 2014
... Windy conditions possible this afternoon and evening...
A low pressure system moving up the Oregon coast today is expected
to move inland over southwest Washington late in the day. Based on
this storm track winds gusting to 40 to 55 mph are forecast for
this afternoon and evening. However... if the low pressure system
tracks a little further north it is possible winds will be stronger
than forecast. Continue to monitor the forecast for the latest
watches and warnings.
Local Storm Report
10/25/2014 0115 PM
Cape disappointmen, Pacific County.
Non-thunderstorm wind gust m60.00 mph, reported by mesonet.
Sustained 45 to 50 mph. Peak gust 60 mph.
10/25/2014 0155 PM
Naselle, Pacific County.
Non-thunderstorm wind gust m63.00 mph, reported by mesonet.
Measured at Naselle Ridge site.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Watch , Blizzard Watch
- Arizona - Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Nebraska - Record Report
- North Dakota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Record Report