San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Vermont, Eastern Franklin
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 2:54 AM EDT on May 24, 2013
Expires 8:45 AM EDT on May 24, 2013
The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
northeastern Chittenden County in northwest Vermont
southern Franklin County in northwest Vermont
LaMoille County in northwest Vermont
* until 845 am EDT
* at 249 am EDT rain was coming to an end... however runoff and
flooding will continue through sunup. Damage from earlier flash
flooding will continue to be felt in Cambridge... Underhill...
Jericho... and Essex. Flooding on the Browns river will move
downstream through Essex and Westford to Fairfax. The LaMoille
river will leave its banks from Jeffersonville through Cambridge
Persons who normally travel on Route 15 between Cambridge and
Burlington should seek an alternate Route for their morning commute.
If you encounter flooding... seek higher ground immediately. When you
can do so safely please report any flooding to the National Weather
Service by calling toll free... 1 800 8 6 3 4 2 7 9... or by submitting
a storm report at weather.Gov/Burlington.
Stay away from flood waters. Move to higher ground if you are
threatened by flooding or are directed by emergency officials. Do not
drive into areas where the water covers the roadway... the Road may be
washed away beneath the water surface... and it only takes a few
inches of flowing water to carry away your vehicle. Most flood deaths
occur in automobiles... make the smart choice... turn around... dont
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or has been reported.
Lat... Lon 4479 7257 4478 7258 4477 7255 4467 7245
4463 7248 4459 7237 4456 7239 4444 7277
4445 7280 4443 7282 4443 7309 4469 7306
Statement as of 1:58 AM EDT on May 24, 2013
... Record daily maximum rainfall broken and tied across Vermont...
Burlington Vermont received 2.26 inches of rain on Thursday. This
ties the daily maximum rainfall record... which was set in 1955.
A record rainfall of 0.62 inches was set at Montpelier Vermont on
Thursday. This breaks the old record of 0.44 inches set in 2005.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 11:08 PM EDT on May 23, 2013
The following are unofficial observations taken during the past 12
hours for the storm that has been affecting our region. Appreciation
is extended to Highway departments... cooperative and cocorahs
observers... Skywarn spotters and media for these reports. This
summary is also available on our home Page at weather.Gov/Burlington
********************storm total rainfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments
... Chittenden County...
Jericho 4.06 1050 PM 5/23 public
5 NNE Underhill 3.60 1051 PM 5/23 cocorahs
4 NNE Underhill 3.51 1052 PM 5/23 cocorahs
Underhill 2.05 1052 PM 5/23 public
Burlington Intl Arpt 1.28 1106 PM 5/23 ASOS
1.13 inches in 40 minutes
... LaMoille County...
Jeffersonville 2.45 1102 PM 5/23 public
Johnson 2.06 1104 PM 5/23 public
... Orleans County...
3 ENE Barton 1.72 820 PM 5/23 cocorahs
**********************24 hour rainfall**********************
Location 24 hour time/date comments
... Clinton County...
3 S Plattsburgh 3 S 1.60 1200 PM 5/23 co-op observer
... LaMoille County...
Mount Mansfield 1.07 400 PM 5/23 co-op observer
- Alabama - Fire Weather Advisory
- Alaska - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Colorado - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Weather Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Maine - Areal Flood Advisory
- Maryland - Freeze Warning
- Massachusetts - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory
- Nevada - Freeze Warning
- New Hampshire - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Frost Advisory
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning
- Oregon - Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Rhode Island - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - High Wind Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Vermont - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Washington - Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Special Weather Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory
View your local ocean forecast and tides in our Marine Report.
See the latest severe weather alerts from the National Weather Services, locally and nationally, in our Severe Weather Center.