Current Watches and Warnings
Freezing Rain Advisory
Statement as of 9:55 PM EST on December 21, 2014
Expires 12:00 PM EST on December 22, 2014
... Freezing Rain Advisory remains in effect from 5 am to noon EST
* locations... Alleghany Highlands of Virginia.
* Hazard types... freezing rain and sleet.
* Accumulations... ice accumulations of up to one tenth of an
* Timing... early Monday morning through noon.
* Impacts... slick travel conditions during the morning commute...
especially on bridges and overpasses.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s to around 30 degrees... slowly
rising to just above freezing by noon.
A Freezing Rain Advisory means that periods of freezing rain or
freezing drizzle will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads. Slow down and use caution while driving.
- Alaska - Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Kansas - High Wind Watch
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Avalanche Warning
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- North Carolina - Coastal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Freezing Rain Advisory
- Washington - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Freezing Rain Advisory
- Wisconsin - Special Statement