Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 10:53 AM EDT on October 04, 2015
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on October 05, 2015
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 8 am EDT Monday...
* locations... the Alleghany Highlands... Roanoke valley... New
River valley... northwest North Carolina mountains and
foothills of the Blue Ridge in Virginia and North Carolina.
* Hazards... uprooted trees.
* Winds... northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 or 45 mph.
* Timing... winds will remain gusty through tonight.
* Impacts... sporadic power outages and potential for blocked roads
due to toppled trees.
Typically... a Wind Advisory means that winds may gust in excess
of 40 mph. However... in this case... lesser winds speeds could
uproot trees with the ground being saturated and wet foliage from
Statement as of 2:55 AM EDT on October 04, 2015
... Record daily maximum rainfall tied at Blacksburg yesterday...
A record rainfall of 0.97 inch(es) was observed at Blacksburg
VA Saturday... 03 October 2015. This ties the old record of 0.97 set
in 1985. Records for Blacksburg VA date back to 1952.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Coastal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Record Report
- Indiana - Record Report
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maine - High Surf Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory
- Michigan - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Freeze Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- New Hampshire - High Surf Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Dense Fog Advisory