Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, Western Uinta Mountains
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 4:23 AM MST on December 19, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EST on December 22, 2014
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from late Saturday night through
The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has issued a
Winter Storm Watch... which is in effect from late Saturday night
through Monday afternoon.
* Affected area... the Wasatch and western Uinta Mountain ranges
and the Wasatch Plateau and Book Cliffs.
* Snow accumulations... accumulations of 10 to 20 inches... with
locally greater amounts across the Wasatch Range.
* Timing... snow will reach the northern Wasatch mountains late
Saturday night... then spread south and east across the remainder
of the northern mountains by early Sunday. Snow will continue
heavy at times through early Monday... then gradually decrease in
intensity and areal coverage Monday afternoon.
* Snow levels... snow levels at the beginning of the storm will be
near 6000 feet. Snow levels will rise to near 7000 feet during
the day Sunday.
* Winds... strong northwest winds will develop along Ridgeline and
across exposed areas by late Sunday morning. Winds of 25 to 35
mph with gusts in excess of 50 mph are expected.
* Impacts... heavy snow along with the potential for significant
blowing and drifting of snow will make for hazardous travel
conditions throughout this storm.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
- Arkansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch
- Kansas - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Watch
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Winter Weather Statement , Dense Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch
- Washington - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Air Stagnation Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Warning , Special Weather Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch