San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Texas, Rio Grande Valley of Eastern El Paso/Western Hudspeth Counties
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 1:28 PM MDT on September 22, 2014
Expires 5:30 PM EDT on September 22, 2014
The National Weather Service in El Paso has issued a
* Flash Flood Warning for...
eastern El Paso County in southwest Texas...
northwestern Hudspeth County in southwest Texas...
* until 330 PM MDT
* at 123 PM MDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
slow moving showers and thunderstorms with very heavy rainfall
were tracking north across eastern El Paso County from just north
of Fabens to Lake West estates through Montana Vista and over
over Hueco Tanks. Rainfall rates of one inch per hour will be
common with these storms with 1 to 3 inches of rainfall possible.
Flooding of arroyos... washes... urban drainages and ponding of
water over low lying areas may lead to significant flooding... some
of it life-threatening.
* Locations impacted include...
Indian cliffs ranch...
Colonia del paso...
lake way estates...
Flooding of low water crossings and low lying areas is likely over
portions of the warned area. Do not attempt to travel across flooded
roads. It only takes a few inches of swiftly flowing water to carry
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of urban
drainage basins... highways... streets and underpasses as well as other
poor drainage areas and low lying areas.
Lat... Lon 3155 10628 3156 10629 3200 10618 3200 10590
3152 10599 3153 10625
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:24 AM MDT on September 22, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 23, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of nm and TX... including the following areas... in
nm... central Tularosa basin... east slopes Sacramento Mountains
below 7500 feet... eastern Black Range foothills... lowlands of
the bootheel... northern Dona Ana County... Otero Mesa...
Sacramento Mountains above 7500 feet... Sierra County lakes...
southern Dona Ana County/Mesilla Valley... southern Gila
foothills/Mimbres valley... southern Gila Highlands/Black
Range... southern Tularosa basin... southwest desert/lower Gila
River valley... southwest desert/Mimbres basin... uplands of the
bootheel... upper Gila River valley and west slopes Sacramento
Mountains below 7500 feet. In TX... eastern/central El Paso
County... northern Hudspeth Highlands/Hueco Mountains... Rio
Grande Valley of eastern El Paso/western Hudspeth counties...
Rio Grande Valley of eastern Hudspeth County... Salt Basin...
southern Hudspeth Highlands and western El Paso County.
* Through this evening
* scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms capable of
producing widespread moderate to heavy rainfall will occur over
the affected area through midnight. Widespread rain amounts of
1 to 3 inches with isolated higher amounts will fall on already
saturated soil... resulting in considerable runoff.
* Normally dry arroyos... streams... and river could be quickly
filled with fast moving water... mud and debris. Low water
crossings will likely become impassable. Flooding of streets...
homes and businesses in low lying and flood prone areas will be
possible. Some flooding could become life threatening. People
living in flood prone areas should be prepared to take action if
rising water is seen.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Georgia - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- South Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - Special Statement