San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Texas, Eastern/Central El Paso County
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:24 AM MDT on September 22, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 23, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of nm and TX... including the following areas... in
nm... central Tularosa basin... east slopes Sacramento Mountains
below 7500 feet... eastern Black Range foothills... lowlands of
the bootheel... northern Dona Ana County... Otero Mesa...
Sacramento Mountains above 7500 feet... Sierra County lakes...
southern Dona Ana County/Mesilla Valley... southern Gila
foothills/Mimbres valley... southern Gila Highlands/Black
Range... southern Tularosa basin... southwest desert/lower Gila
River valley... southwest desert/Mimbres basin... uplands of the
bootheel... upper Gila River valley and west slopes Sacramento
Mountains below 7500 feet. In TX... eastern/central El Paso
County... northern Hudspeth Highlands/Hueco Mountains... Rio
Grande Valley of eastern El Paso/western Hudspeth counties...
Rio Grande Valley of eastern Hudspeth County... Salt Basin...
southern Hudspeth Highlands and western El Paso County.
* Through this evening
* scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms capable of
producing widespread moderate to heavy rainfall will occur over
the affected area through midnight. Widespread rain amounts of
1 to 3 inches with isolated higher amounts will fall on already
saturated soil... resulting in considerable runoff.
* Normally dry arroyos... streams... and river could be quickly
filled with fast moving water... mud and debris. Low water
crossings will likely become impassable. Flooding of streets...
homes and businesses in low lying and flood prone areas will be
possible. Some flooding could become life threatening. People
living in flood prone areas should be prepared to take action if
rising water is seen.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- Colorado - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory