Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 8:43 PM CDT on May 27, 2016
Expires 3:43 PM EDT on May 28, 2016
The Flood Warning continues for the Guadalupe River near Bloomington.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:00 PM Friday the stage was 24.7 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* Forecast: the river will continue to fall to a stage of 24.2 feet
by Sunday morning.
* At 24.0 feet moderate lowland flooding occurs, with the river
reaching well into the flood plain. Any oil tank batteries, pump
jacks, and secondary roads near the river may be flooded.
Below are the latest river stages and stage forecasts:
fld latest forecast 6 am lst
location stg stg day time Sat sun Mon Tue Wed
Bloomington 20 24.7 Fri 08 PM 24.4 24.2 24.1 24.1 24.4
Lat... Lon 2869 9704 2869 9698 2867 9695 2857 9688
2845 9680 2843 9685
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 5:49 AM CDT on May 28, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on May 28, 2016
... High rip current risk in effect through this evening...
The National Weather Service in Corpus Christi has issued a high
rip current risk... which is in effect through this evening.
* Timing... today.
* Impacts... rip currents will result in adverse conditions for
even experienced swimmers.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
- Alaska - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Freeze Warning
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Hurricane Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Maine - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Air Quality Alert
- Massachusetts - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- New Hampshire - Air Quality Alert
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- New Mexico - Record Report
- New York - Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- North Carolina - Hurricane Statement
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Freeze Warning
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- Rhode Island - Air Quality Alert
- South Carolina - Tropical Storm Warning , Hurricane Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement , Record Report
- Virginia - Special Statement
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Flood Warning , Record Report