Current Watches and Warnings
Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 10:59 PM CDT on April 30, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on May 01, 2016
... Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 7 am CDT
... High rip current risk remains in effect through Sunday
* coastal flooding... water levels around 2 feet above mean sea
level or slightly above at times of high tide.
* Timing... water levels along the Gulf will be the highest
several hours before and after high tide.
* Impacts... include but are not limited to... when water levels
reach 1 and 3/4 feet above mean sea level... two thirds of the
beach are under water. At 2 feet above mean sea level...
several beach access roads become flooded. Minor flooding
along area beaches may occur. Steady periods of water at the
dunes may occur. Water may flood portions of Laguna shores
drive in Flour Bluff. North Beach may experience minor
flooding. Rip currents will lead to dangerous conditions for
even experienced swimmers.
A coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides
will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the shore.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
Statement as of 3:39 AM CDT on April 30, 2016
... Record high minimum temperature set at Corpus Christi yesterday...
A record high minimum temperature of 79 degrees occurred at Corpus
Christi yesterday. This breaks the record of 76 degrees set in 2009.
This is also the warmest minimum temperature recorded at Corpus
Christi for the month of April. Records for Corpus Christi date back
- Alaska - Wind Advisory
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- New York - Record Report
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Statement, Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement