San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 5:53 AM CDT on August 28, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on August 28, 2014
... Rip current risk remains in effect through this evening...
* timing... through this evening.
* Impacts... dangerous rip currents will continue to occur along
the Gulf facing beaches of the middle Texas coast today. Both
the strength and frequency of these rip currents will result in
surf that is dangerous for swimmers.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
Statement as of 8:52 AM CDT on August 28, 2014
Expires 7:00 PM EDT on August 28, 2014
... Potential for funnel clouds again today...
A moist tropical airmass over the Gulf and coastal areas... combined
with relatively light winds near and above the surface will result
in the potential for funnel cloud formation again today.
These funnel clouds are generally short lived and usually do not
touch the ground. However... there is a slight possibility that one
could touch down for a short time. No severe weather is
anticipated. If you see a funnel cloud... move indoors as a
precaution and stay away from windows.
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Maryland - Beach Hazard Statement
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - High Surf Advisory
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement
- New York - High Surf Advisory
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report