San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Statement as of 10:26 PM CDT on September 18, 2014
... A Severe Thunderstorm Warning remains in effect until 1115 PM CDT
for eastern Wilson County...
At 1025 PM CDT... NWS meteorologists continued to detect a severe
thunderstorm capable of producing quarter size hail... and damaging
winds in excess of 60 mph. This storm was located near Sutherland
Springs... or 6 miles northwest of Stockdale... moving southeast at 5
Other locations in the warning include but are not limited to Poth...
Pandora and Kosciusko
This is a dangerous storm. If you are in its path... prepare
immediately for damaging winds... destructive hail... and deadly cloud
to ground lightning. People outside should move to a shelter...
preferably inside a strong building but away from windows.
In addition to large hail and damaging winds... continuous cloud to
ground lightning is occurring with this storm. Move indoors
immediately. Lightning is one of natures number one killers.
Remember... if you can hear thunder... you are close enough to be
struck by lightning.
Lat... Lon 2935 9798 2922 9773 2895 9811 2932 9819
time... Mot... loc 0327z 323deg 5kt 2929 9803
Statement as of 10:02 PM CDT on September 18, 2014
... Significant weather advisory for Wilson and southern Guadalupe
counties until 1100 PM CDT...
At 955 PM CDT... National Weather Service meteorologists detected a
strong thunderstorm near La Vernia... or 10 miles northwest of
Stockdale... moving south-southeast at 10 mph.
Wind gusts up to 50 mph are expected with this storm... along with
heavy rain and frequent dangerous lightning. Pea size hail is also
possible with this thunderstorm.
Locations near the path of this storm include...
If threatening weather approaches your area... take shelter in a
The heavy rain may flood low lying areas such as ditches... low water
crossings and underpasses. Do not drive your vehicle across flooded
Lat... Lon 2896 9810 2932 9823 2950 9799 2937 9785
2936 9786 2925 9776
time... Mot... loc 0301z 312deg 7kt 2933 9806
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report