Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:16 PM CDT on April 17, 2015
Expires 9:00 AM EDT on April 18, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Saturday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* a portion of southeast Texas... including the following
counties... Austin... Brazoria... Brazos... Burleson... Chambers...
Colorado... Fort Bend... Galveston... Grimes... Harris... Houston...
Jackson... Liberty... Madison... Matagorda... Montgomery... Polk...
San Jacinto... Trinity... Walker... Waller... Washington and
* Through Saturday morning
* the watch is based upon training heavy rains that could commence
this evening as the atmosphere destabilizes ahead of an
approaching large western storm system. The ground over much of
the area is at or nearly saturated as some areas received 4 to 8
inches of rain last night. Additional overnight into early
Saturday morning rainfall will likely become run off leading to
flooding. Rainfall totals tonight through early Saturday may
average around one to two inches... with isolated amounts of 3
to 4 inches are possible.
* Additional amounts of greater than two inches will likely generate
flash flooding as precipitation will quickly become run off.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:51 PM CDT on April 17, 2015
... Rainfall reports past 12 hours ...
Location amount time/date
Edna 2.48 in 0640 PM 04/17
8 N Ganado 1.93 in 0600 PM 04/17
7 S Ganado 1.53 in 0645 PM 04/17
Little White Oak bayou @ tri 1.24 in 0116 PM 04/17
4 E Weimar 1.03 in 0627 PM 04/17
Buffalo bayou near Katy 0.98 in 0630 PM 04/17
6 SSE Katy 0.94 in 0645 PM 04/17
2 NNW Pecan Grove 0.85 in 0645 PM 04/17
2 NW El Campo 0.76 in 0600 PM 04/17
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposure. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Tornado Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Florida - Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Tornado Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Maine - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Watch
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- New York - Fire Weather Watch
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Watch
- Rhode Island - Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tornado Warning , Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Vermont - Fire Weather Watch
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory