Current Watches and Warnings
Texas, Palo Pinto
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:59 AM CST on November 26, 2015
Expires 7:00 AM EST on November 29, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect from this evening through late
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of north central Texas and northeast Texas...
including the following areas... in north central Texas...
Bosque... Collin... Comanche... Cooke... Dallas... Denton...
Eastland... Ellis... Erath... Fannin... Grayson... Hamilton...
Hill... Hood... Hunt... Jack... Johnson... Kaufman... Mills...
Montague... Navarro... Palo Pinto... Parker... Rockwall...
Somervell... Stephens... Tarrant... wise and Young. In northeast
Texas... Delta... Henderson... Hopkins... Lamar... rains and Van
* Timing... from this evening through late Saturday night. Some
impacts due to flooding may persist into Sunday.
* Rainfall amounts... widespread amounts of 3 to 7 inches with
locally higher totals will be possible through Saturday night.
The highest rainfall totals are expected to be near the Red
River with lower rainfall amounts in the southern counties of
* Setup... a strong storm system and a persistent influx of
moisture will lead to multiple rounds of moderate to heavy
rainfall this evening through late Saturday night across north
and central Texas.
* River flood potential... minor to moderate river flooding is
possible. Local area creeks and streams are also likely to be
* Other impacts... a strong cold front will push through the region
Friday morning and lead to gusty north winds and afternoon high
temperatures in the 30s and 40s with wind chills in the 20s and
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions are favorable for heavy
rain which may lead to flash flooding. You should monitor the
latest forecasts from the National Weather Service and be
prepared to take action should flash flood warnings be issued for
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Ice Storm Warning
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Hard Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory , Hard Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Watch
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Washington - Air Stagnation Advisory
- Wisconsin - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report