Current Watches and Warnings
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 8:24 PM CDT on May 31, 2016
502 PM CDT Tue may 31 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
the Big Sandy Creek above Breckenridge.
* At 0800 PM Tuesday the stage was 22.09 feet.
* Flood stage is 24 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river is expected to rise above flood stage by
Wednesday after midnight and crest near 25 feet by Wednesday
morning. The river should fall below flood stage by late Wednesday
Lat... Lon 3273 9907 3259 9904 3259 9892 3273 9895
The National Weather Service in Fort Worth has issued a
* Flood Warning for small streams in...
southeastern Stephens County in north central Texas...
Palo Pinto County in north central Texas...
* until 1100 PM CDT
* at 501 PM CDT... local law enforcement reported flooding of several
roadways across southern Palo Pinto and southeastern Stephens
counties. While the heaviest rainfall has ended... excessive
runoff will continue to result in streams... creeks and some rivers
exceeding their banks across the area.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Mineral Wells... Gordon... Possum Kingdom State Park... Strawn and
Turn around... don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
In hilly terrain there are hundreds of low water crossings which are
potentially dangerous in heavy rain. Do not attempt to cross flooded
roads. Find an alternate Route.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring. Water
rises will generally be gradual... but flooding of some low water
crossings and other low-lying areas near rivers... creeks... and streams
Lat... Lon 3290 9861 3296 9841 3285 9813 3251 9807
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:57 PM CDT on May 31, 2016
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on June 02, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Thursday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of north central Texas and south central Texas...
including the following areas... in north central Texas...
Bell... Bosque... Collin... Comanche... Cooke... Coryell... Dallas...
Denton... Eastland... Ellis... Erath... falls... Grayson...
Hamilton... Hill... Hood... Jack... Johnson... Lampasas...
McLennan... Mills... Montague... Palo Pinto... Parker... Rockwall...
Somervell... Stephens... Tarrant... wise and Young. In south
central Texas... Milam.
* Through Thursday morning
* several rounds of showers and thunderstorms are expected across
north and central Texas through much of the week. Many areas
have already received 2 to 3 inches of rain today. Conditions
will be tropical-like with thunderstorms producing very heavy
rainfall in short periods of time. Many areas have already
received heavy rainfall over the last week and additional
rainfall is likely to cause flooding.
* Amounts... widespread rainfall amounts of 3 to 5 inches can be
expected through Friday. Isolated heavier amounts in excess of 6 inches
will be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions are favorable for heavy
rain which may lead to flash flooding. You should monitor the
latest forecasts from the National Weather Service and be
prepared to take action should flash flood warnings be issued for
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Excessive Heat Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Excessive Heat Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Record Report
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flash Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Excessive Heat Warning
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Flood Warning , Special Statement