San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:31 PM CDT on September 19, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 20, 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Saturday evening...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northwest Texas and the Panhandle of Texas...
including the following areas... in northwest Texas... Bailey...
Cochran... Cottle... Crosby... Dickens... Floyd... Garza... Hale...
Hockley... Kent... King... Lamb... Lubbock... Lynn... Motley...
Stonewall... Terry and Yoakum. In the Panhandle of Texas...
Briscoe... Castro... Childress... Hall... Parmer and Swisher.
* Through Saturday evening
* a very moist airmass will remain across the Texas South Plains
region through Saturday as a weak upper level disturbance with
tropical connections remains overhead. The combination will
bring the potential for periods of widespread heavy rainfall
tonight and Saturday. Additional rain totals of 1 to 3 inches
will be possible... with locally higher amounts. Runoff will be
enhanced with wet grounds less able to hold additional rainfall
causing a risk of areal flooding or localized flash flooding.
* Areal flooding will be possible in poor drainage areas...
including low lying roadways... near Playa Lakes..and along
creeks and draws. Pockets of flash flooding will be possible
with the most intense rain... and especially areas prone to
rapid runoff such as the edge of The Caprock Escarpment.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood advisories and warnings. Those living in areas prone to
flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report