San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Dense Fog Advisory
Statement as of 9:01 AM CDT on September 21, 2014
Expires 11:15 AM EDT on September 21, 2014
... Dense fog advisory will expire at 9 am CDT this morning...
The areas of fog... locally dense... will continue to diminish
through the mid-morning hours. Still... motorists should be alert
for rapidly changing visibilities and slow down accordingly.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 3:14 AM CDT on September 21, 2014
... Public information statement...
... Rains bring improvement to drought conditions to the South Plains
and rolling plains...
Impressive Reservoir rises have been observed at Lake Alan Henry
over the past few days with an 8.3 ft rise over the past week as of
3am. This brings it to its highest level since early 2013 at 74
pct of conservation capacity. White River lake has also risen to
its highest levels since early 2013 at 6 pct full. This is an
increase of about 600 acre feet in the past week. Lake MacKenzie
saw little benefit with this event though it is running about 850
acre feet of water more than a year ago.
The double mtn Fork of the Brazos had a second brief excursion
above action stage on Saturday and has fallen rapidly since 7pm
The highest 5 day totals in our area from the West Texas mesonet as
of 3 am are noted...
Of note... Fluvanna and Gail just to our south received 9.77" and
While these mesonet totals are impressive for this part of the
country they do not reflect the area of highest precipitation in our
County Warning Area which appear to have fallen between Brownfield
and Lamesa. Dual-pol radar estimates that nearly 9.5" has fallen
since mid day on the 19th of September just east of the community of
Union in Terry County. Another broad area of 4 to 6 inches fell
between New Home and Brownfield during this same timeframe.
It is important that while some parts of the area saw a lot of
rain... the hydrologic effects of the drought since 2010 continue to
be with US though there is little doubt that these rains have helped
the short to medium term situation across the southern part of our
Graphs of river and Reservoir data are available are
http://water.Weather.Gov/ahps2/index.Php?Wfo=lub all lower case.
Additional rainfall is expected through Monday with the highest
concentrations across our southwestern counties although
thunderstorm activity is also expected along a cold front across the
northeast. Thereafter... scattered thunderstorms are expected through
much of the work week.
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Jersey - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement