San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:50 PM CDT on September 18, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 19, 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Friday evening...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northwest Texas and the Panhandle of Texas...
including the following areas... in northwest Texas... Bailey...
Cochran... Cottle... Crosby... Dickens... Floyd... Garza... Hale...
Hockley... Kent... King... Lamb... Lubbock... Lynn... Motley...
Stonewall... Terry and Yoakum. In the Panhandle of Texas...
Briscoe... Castro... Parmer and Swisher.
* Through Friday evening
* the remnants of tropical cyclone Odile... currently over
southern New Mexico... are expected to slowly move toward West
Texas over the next few days. The airmass across the Texas
South Plains region just in advance of Odile remains
saturated... while the ground has been soaked by several recent
rain storms. This will bring potential for widespread heavy
rainfall in the range of 1 to 4 inches... while locally higher
accumulations are likely as well. And since run-off potential
will be high... these rain amounts could cause areal flooding
or local flash flooding.
* Areal flooding will be possible in poor drainage areas...
including low lying roadways in urban areas... near Playa
Lakes..and along creeks and draws. Pockets of flash flooding
will be possible in areas prone to rapid runoff such as the
edge of The Caprock Escarpment.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Maryland - Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report