San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:12 PM CDT on September 19, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 20, 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Saturday evening...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northwest Texas and the Panhandle of Texas...
including the following areas... in northwest Texas... Bailey...
Cochran... Cottle... Crosby... Dickens... Floyd... Garza... Hale...
Hockley... Kent... King... Lamb... Lubbock... Lynn... Motley...
Stonewall... Terry and Yoakum. In the Panhandle of Texas...
Briscoe... Castro... Childress... Hall... Parmer and Swisher.
* Through Saturday evening
* a very moist airmass will remain across the Texas South Plains
region through Saturday as a weak upper level disturbance with
tropical connections edges over. The combination will bring the
potential for periods of widespread heavy rainfall tonight into
Saturday. Additional rain totals of 1 to 3 inches will be
possible... with locally higher amounts. The heavy rain will fall
on spots that are already nearly saturated from recent rainfall.
The runoff will create the risk of areal flooding or localized
* Areal flooding will be possible in poor drainage areas...
including low lying roadways... near Playa Lakes..and along
creeks and draws. Pockets of flash flooding will be possible in
areas prone to rapid runoff such as the edge of The Caprock
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood advisories and warnings. Those living in areas prone to
flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Maine - Frost Advisory
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Tornado Warning , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement