Current Watches and Warnings
Tennessee, Southeast Monroe
Statement as of 3:17 AM CDT on August 21, 2017
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on August 21, 2017
... Practice heat safety and protect against sunburn today...
A ridge of high pressure will remain across the Tennessee Valley
and southern Appalachians today producing mostly dry, mostly
sunny, and very warm afternoon temperatures. Heat indices will
climb to 90 to 95 degrees across much of the area.
Due to the widespread eclipse viewing across the region and many
outside venues, heat exposure and exhaustion will be a concern.
Drink plenty of liquids and take frequent breaks in shaded areas
as often as possible. Never leave people or pets unattended in
your vehicle. Look before you lock.
The mostly sunny sky will also allow for high ultraviolet
radiation conditions today. The potential of sunburn is high so
wear sunscreen and hat to protect yourself from the suns rays.
Stay tuned to NOAA all hazards weather radio and your local media
for the latest weather conditions.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning
- Nevada -
- New Mexico -
- New York - Lakeshore Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- Ohio -
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania -
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement