San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 3:28 AM CDT on November 01, 2014
Expires 9:00 AM EST on November 02, 2014
... Freeze warning remains in effect until 9 am CDT this morning...
... Freeze warning remains in effect from 11 PM CDT this evening
to 8 am CST Sunday...
* temperature... lows this morning will drop to the upper 20s to
around 32 for most of the area. It will be a bit colder tonight
as temperatures drop into 20s across all of middle Tennessee by
early Sunday morning.
* Impacts... vegetation and crops that are susceptible to damage
from freezing temperatures need to be protected both nights.
A freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or
highly likely. These conditions can kill crops and other
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 3:33 AM CDT on November 01, 2014
... Wettest October on record in Nashville...
On average October is the driest month in Nashville... but October 2014
was huge exception as 8.43 inches of rain fell making this October the
wettest in nashville's weather history. Nashville's record keeping
was started by the Army signal corps way back in November 1871.
The 8.43 inches of rain that fell in October was 5.39 inches above
normal. The greatest rainfall during a 24 hour period was 2.62
inches on 9th and 10th. There were two calendar days with record
rainfall. On the 10th... 2.62 inches of rain fell breaking the
previous record of 1.95 inches set in 2002. Then on the 13th... 2.06
inches fell breaking the previous record of 1.84 inches set way
back in 1893.
... Five wettest octobers on record in Nashville...
2014... 8.43 inches
In contrast the driest October on record and only the month that
measurable rain has not been recorded in Nashville was in 1963
when only a trace fell.
October was warmer than normal in Nashville. The temperature
averaged 61.8 degrees which is 1.5 degrees above normal. The
average high was 72.9 degrees and the average low was 50.6
degrees. The warmest temperature was 90 degrees on the 2nd and
coldest was 37 degrees on the 5th. A high temperature of 84
degrees on the 27th tied the record for the date set in 1940.
Thunderstorms occurred on 6 days during October. Hail fell from a
thunderstorm at the Nashville Airport on the 6th.
The average wind speed was 6.2 miles an hour. The fastest gust was
37 miles an hour on the 13th and 31st.
Fog occurred on 23 days with 2 days of dense fog.
... October in Clarksville was above normal in rainfall and near
normal in temperature...
The temperature in Clarksville averaged 59.7 degrees which is 0.8
degree above normal. The average high was 71.3 degrees and the
average low was 48.0 degrees. The warmest temperature during the
month was 89 degrees on the 2nd and the coldest was 34 degrees on
the 5th and 23rd.
Rainfall was above normal for October but not as much as some
areas of the mid state. Total rainfall for October was 6.32 inches
which is 2.41 inches above normal. The greatest rainfall during a
24 hour period was 2.90 inches on the 13th.
Thunderstorms occurred on 8 days.
The average wind speed was 6.7 miles an hour. The fastest gust 44
miles an hour on the 31st. There was a 42 mile an hour wind
during a thunderstorm on the 3rd.
Fog occurred on 28 days with 8 days of dense fog.
... wettest October on record in Crossville...
Crossville had nearly 9 inches of rain in October making it the
wettest October since record keeping began back in 1954. Rainfall
totaled 8.91 inches for the month which is 5.87 inches above
normal. The greatest rainfall during a 24 hour period was 2.69
inches on 13th and 14th.
The temperature in Crossville for October 2014 averaged 58.4 degrees
which is 1.4 degrees above normal. The average high was 68.2 degrees
and the average low was 48.5 degrees. The warmest temperature during
the month was 81 degrees on the 1st and 2nd. The coldest temperature
was 33 degrees on the 31st.
Thunderstorms occurred on 7 days.
The average wind speed was 5.3 miles an hour. The fastest gust was
36 miles an hour on the 31st.
Fog occurred on 20 days with 1 day of dense fog.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Connecticut - Wind Advisory
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Freeze Warning
- Indiana - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Michigan - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- New York - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Warning
- Oklahoma - Freeze Warning
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory
- South Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory