Current Watches and Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 10:00 PM EST on March 04, 2015
Expires 4:00 PM EST on March 05, 2015
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 4 am to 4 PM
* event... rain early then a wintry mix with freezing rain changing
to sleet and snow. Freezing rain accumulations of less than
quarter of an inch. Sleet and snow with accumulations generally 1
inch or less.
* Timing... beginning early Thursday morning and continuing until 4
PM EST Thursday afternoon.
* Impacts... Road conditions will become hazardous. When
traveling... slow down and drive with caution. Give yourself
extra room between you and the vehicle ahead of you. The ice
accumulations may down trees and power lines with localized
power outages possible.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet...
and/or freezing rain are expected or occurring... but
accumulations are expected to be light. Driving and walking may
be difficult on untreated roadways and sidewalks. Be prepared for
snow and ice covered roads and limited visibilities. If you must
travel... slow down and allow extra time to reach your
Statement as of 9:08 PM EST on March 04, 2015
Expires 1:00 PM EST on March 07, 2015
The National Weather Service in Morristown, TN has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the North Fork Holston River near Gate City VA.
* From late tonight until Saturday afternoon.
* At 08:15 PM Wednesday the stage was 10.5 feet and rising.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by early Thursday and continue to
rise to near 13.5 feet by Friday morning. The river will fall below
flood stage by Saturday morning.
* At 14.0 feet... County Road 614 is cut off 1 1/2 miles downstream
from the Highway 23 bridge.
Lat... Lon 3641 8283 3651 8288 3673 8235 3662 8233
- Alabama - Winter Storm Warning , Freezing Rain Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- California - Frost Advisory
- Colorado - Avalanche Warning , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Winter Weather Advisory
- Delaware - Winter Storm Warning
- District of Columbia - Winter Storm Warning
- Florida - Dense Fog Advisory
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Winter Storm Warning
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Maine - Special Statement
- Maryland - Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Michigan - Record Report
- Minnesota - Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , Freezing Fog Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Wind Chill Advisory
- Oklahoma - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Oregon - Record Report
- Rhode Island - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report