San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
South Dakota, Harding
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 10:46 PM CDT on August 22, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on August 23, 2014
... Flood Watch in effect through Saturday afternoon...
The National Weather Service in Rapid City has issued a
* Flood Watch for portions of South Dakota and northeast
Wyoming... including the following areas... in South Dakota...
Bennett... Butte... central Black Hills... Custer co plains... Fall
River... Haakon... Harding... Hermosa foot hills... Jackson...
Black Hills... northern foot hills... northern Meade co
plains... Pennington co plains... Perkins... Rapid
City... Shannon... southern Black Hills... southern foot
hills... southern Meade co plains... Sturgis/Piedmont foot
hills... Todd... Tripp and Ziebach. In northeast Wyoming...
northeastern Crook... northern Campbell... southern Campbell...
western Crook... Weston and Wyoming Black Hills.
* Through Saturday afternoon
* additional showers and thunderstorms will spread north from the
Central Plains into northeast Wyoming and western South Dakota
overnight into Saturday. Due to copious amounts of moisture
available... additional heavy rain and flooding may develop.
A Flood Watch means that flooding is possible along rivers and
creeks in the watch area... but is not imminent. If you are in the
watch area... take time to move livestock... equipment... and other
property from low lying areas before flooding occurs. Monitor
NOAA Weather Radio and local media for updated forecasts and be
ready to quickly move to higher ground if rising water levels are
observed or a warning is issued.
- Alabama - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Georgia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Kansas - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Heat Advisory
- Missouri - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- South Dakota - Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Special Statement
- Virgin Islands - Flash Flood Watch
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch