Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Tidal Berkeley
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 8:48 PM EDT on October 06, 2015
Expires 2:30 PM EDT on October 07, 2015
416 PM EDT Tue Oct 6 2015
... Forecast flooding increased from moderate to major severity...
* at 7 PM Tuesday the stage was 15.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Forecast, the river will continue rising to near 23.1 feet by
Sunday evening. Additional rises may be possible thereafter.
* At 23.0 feet, the home at the end of Lawton farm Lane begins to
Lat... Lon 3347 8002 3354 7998 3335 7969 3327 7946
3320 7951 3329 7976
... A Flood Warning remains in effect until 230 PM EDT Wednesday for
Charleston... Berkeley and Dorchester counties...
At 346 PM EDT... area emergency management agencies and National
Weather Service survey teams reported that high water levels
continued across the area... with many roads and homes still
experiencing flooding and numerous roads washed out.
Also Tuesday afternoon... the Ashley river water level was rising. A
National Weather Service survey team reported that bridges crossing
the Ashley river on Route 17a... Route 165 and Route 61 were closed
due to rising water. Emergency management and law enforcement also
reported that the Ashley river level was also high near Interstate
26 at mile marker 192. If you live near the Ashley river inland from
the tidal zone... you should closely monitor water levels and be
prepared to move away from the river to higher ground.
Another NWS survey team reported that French Quarter Creek Road
remained flooded in the Huger area.
Also of concern... anywhere across the warned area debris could
impede flood waters and could cause localized... rapid water level
rises and worsening of flooding. Also... any water trapped by debris
could burst through obstructions quickly... possibly creating
localized flash flooding.
Expected now through the rest of the week... water levels are
expected to only slowly recede across many flooded area. The
exception will be areas along the edisto and Santee rivers where
Rising River levels will create worsening flood conditions. River
flood warnings remain in effect along these rivers.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include but are not
limited to... North Charleston... Cane Bay... Summerville... Goose
Creek... Hanahan... Moncks Corner... Huger and McClellanville.
Flooding created by earlier heavy rainfall will continue... and
localized worsening of flooding is possible. Many roads and bridges
remain closed. Many areas remain inundated and inaccessible. Do not
drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the roadway.
The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely... and you will not be able to determine if a Road is washed
Lat... Lon 3300 7936 3303 7953 3280 7973 3279 7991
3268 7989 3261 8000 3249 8033 3274 8045
3305 8039 3307 8062 3318 8079 3333 8051
3327 8030 3345 8022 3351 7999 3313 7927
Coastal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 9:23 PM EDT on October 06, 2015
Expires 7:00 AM EDT on October 07, 2015
... Coastal Flood Advisory in effect from 3 am to 7 am EDT
The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a coastal
Flood Advisory... which is in effect from 3 am to 7 am EDT
* Location... Charleston... tidal Berkeley and coastal Colleton
counties... including Charleston... Daniel Island and Edisto
* Tide levels... the early Wednesday morning high tide is expected
to peak between 7.0 and 7.3 mean lower low water on Charleston
* Timing... the highest salt water levels will occur within 1 to 2
hours either side of the high tide. High tide is expected at 429
am EDT on the Charleston Harbor.
* Impacts... due to extremely heavy rain that fell over the
weekend... the elevated tide will contribute to rising levels of
salt and fresh water... creating renewed flooding in some areas
near tidal waterways. Even where fresh water flooding is no
longer occurring... renewed inundation of salt water is expected.
Be prepared for the possibility of Road closures and flooding
of properties. If travel is necessary... do not attempt to drive
through water of unknown depth.
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Public Information Statement
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Air Quality Alert
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory, Beach Hazard Statement, Coastal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Virginia - Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning