Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Coastal Colleton
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 10:12 AM EDT on October 08, 2015
Expires 5:45 PM EDT on October 08, 2015
544 PM EDT Wed Oct 7 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the edisto river near Givhans Ferry.
* At 9 am Thursday the stage was 16.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring.
* Forecast, the river will rise to near 16.6 feet by Saturday morning
then begin a slow fall.
* At 15.0 feet, major flooding occurs as the entire flood plain
between Canadys and Norman Landing is inundated. Extensive damage
occurs to homes and Cabins in this area and most river access roads
Lat... Lon 3303 8055 3310 8053 3308 8036 3290 8037
3290 8045 3302 8044
The National Weather Service in Charleston has extended the
* Flood Warning for...
Colleton County in southeastern South Carolina...
* until 545 PM EDT Thursday
* Colleton County emergency management reported flooding along
Horseshoe creek in the price bridge Landing and Bonnie Doone
Plantation Road area. Emergency management has also reported
inundation of waterways which feed into the edisto river. A river
Flood Warning for major flooding remains in effect for the edisto
river near Givhans Ferry.
Away from the immediate edisto river... creek levels will remain
elevated due to runoff from heavy rain which fell over the
weekend. This includes the Ashepoo and combahee rivers and creeks
which join these rivers including Horseshoe creek... as well as
creeks which feed into the edisto river well upstream from the
river across eastern Colleton County. If you live near creeks and
rivers in eastern and southern Colleton County... monitor water
levels and prepare to move away from waterways if water levels
* Some locations that will experience flooding include... price
bridge Landing... Bonnie Doone Plantation Road... Cottageville...
Canadys... Round O... Ashepoo... Ritter... White Hall and Bennetts
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 3315 8071 3307 8062 3305 8039 3297 8042
3284 8039 3274 8045 3265 8039 3255 8042
3250 8036 3253 8035 3252 8029 3248 8033
3249 8046 3259 8058 3260 8065 3267 8068
3268 8073 3292 8061 3317 8080
Coastal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 10:20 AM EDT on October 08, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 08, 2015
... Coastal Flood Advisory in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to
8 PM EDT this evening...
The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a coastal
Flood Advisory... which is in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to
8 PM EDT this evening.
* Location... Charleston and coastal Colleton counties... including
Charleston and Edisto Beach.
* Tide levels... the Thursday afternoon/evening high tide is
expected to peak between 7.2 and 7.5 feet mean lower low water
in the Charleston Harbor.
* Timing... the highest salt water levels will occur within one to
two hours on either side of high tide. High tide is expected
around 540 PM in the Charleston Harbor this afternoon/evening.
* Impacts... due to extremely heavy rain that fell last weekend... the
elevated tide will continue to contribute to rising levels of
salt and fresh water... creating renewed flooding in some areas
near tidal waterways. Even where fresh water flooding is no
longer occurring... renewed inundation of salt water is expected.
Be prepared for the possibility of Road closures and minor
flooding of properties. If travel is necessary... do not attempt
to drive through water of unknown depth.
- Alaska - High Wind Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Washington - Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement