Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Inland Colleton
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 9:31 AM EDT on October 10, 2015
Expires 5:45 PM EDT on October 10, 2015
540 PM EDT Fri Oct 9 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the edisto river near Givhans Ferry.
* At 8 am Saturday the stage was 15.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring.
* Forecast, the river will remain nearly steady today before slowly falling tonight.
* At 15.0 feet, major flooding occurs as the entire flood plain
between Canadys and Norman Landing is inundated. Extensive damage
occurs to homes and Cabins in this area and most river access roads
Lat... Lon 3303 8055 3310 8053 3308 8036 3290 8037
3290 8045 3302 8044
The National Weather Service in Charleston has extended the
* Flood Warning for...
Colleton County in southeastern South Carolina...
* until 545 PM EDT Saturday
* Colleton County emergency management and National Weather Service
storm survey teams report inundation of waterways which feed into
the edisto river. Most if not all access roads leading to the
edisto river from Highway 61... Pierce Road and mcdanieltown Road
are impassable due to flooding. Flood waters have also reached the
lower level of some homes along the river... including in the Camp
buddy Road area. A river Flood Warning for major flooding remains
in effect for the edisto river near Givhans Ferry... but water
levels are expected to remain nearly steady or slowly fall through
Away from the immediate edisto river... creek levels will also
remain nearly steady or slowly fall. This includes the Ashepoo and
combahee rivers and creeks which join these rivers including
Horseshoe creek... as well as creeks which feed into the edisto
river well upstream from the river across eastern Colleton County.
Although some additional rainfall of one half to one inch is
possible on Saturday... these amounts are not expected to have
any significant impact over areas currently flooded... and is also
not expected to cause any additional significant flooding.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include... price
bridge Landing... Bonnie Doone Plantation Road... Cottageville...
Canadys... Round O... Ashepoo... Ritter... White Hall and Bennetts
Flooding of small creeks and streams continues... as well as farm and
country roads. Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive
your vehicle into areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood
waters are usually deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing
water is powerful enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When
encountering flooded roads make the smart choice... turn
around... dont drown.
Lat... Lon 3315 8071 3307 8062 3305 8039 3297 8042
3284 8039 3274 8045 3265 8039 3255 8042
3250 8036 3253 8035 3252 8029 3248 8033
3249 8046 3259 8058 3260 8065 3267 8068
3268 8073 3292 8061 3317 8080
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:05 AM EDT on October 10, 2015
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 10, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* a portion of southeast South Carolina... including the
following Charleston... coastal Colleton... Dorchester... ...
inland Berkeley... inland Colleton and tidal Berkeley.
* Through this evening
* bands of showers and thunderstorms will continue to move into
the area through the evening hours. In the wake of historic
rainfall and flooding last weekend... it will not take much
additional rainfall to possibly trigger new flooding or worsen
any lingering flooding. Rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are
likely with locally higher amounts possible... especially along
and north of an area from Walterboro to Summerville and Moncks
Be prepared to protect life and property... especially in areas
prone to flooding. If flooding develops... move to higher ground
immediately. If driving... be prepared for flooded roadways and
possible Road closures.
- Alaska - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New York - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report