Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Orangeburg
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 2:42 PM EDT on October 08, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on October 14, 2015
1214 PM EDT Thu Oct 8 2015
The National Weather Service in Columbia has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
southwestern Orangeburg County in central South Carolina...
northern Bamberg County in central South Carolina...
* until 230 PM EDT Friday
* at 223 PM EDT... water levels remain high along the North Fork and
South Fork of the edisto rivers in Orangeburg and along the
Bamberg and Orangeburg County line. The North Fork of the edisto
river will gradually fall over the next several days. The water
flowing along the South Fork of the edisto river has once again
began to rise today and will crest late this afternoon into this
evening hours at the gage located at Denmark on the Highway 321
bridge. This surge of higher water will continue moving downstream
and crest overnight along the South Fork of the edisto river at
Cope along the State Highway 70 bridge. The crest wave will
continue to move downstream on Friday and crest at the Highway 301
bridge near Bamberg. Reports from County emergency managers report
flooding continuing along both rivers this afternoon and this will
continue through Friday afternoon. The flooding will continue
downstream from the confluence of the North Fork of the edisto
river with the South Fork of the edisto river forming the edisto
river that continues to flow southeast south of Branchville.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Orangeburg... Bamberg... Brookdale... Branchville... Rowesville...
Cordova... Wilkinson Heights and edisto.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or has been reported.
Stream rises will be slow and flash flooding is not expected.
However... all interested parties should take necessary precautions
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle
into areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are
usually deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is
powerful enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering
flooded roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
Report any flooding to your County sheriff... also use
www.Facebook.Com/nwscolumbia and email caewx@noaa.Gov to relay
Lat... Lon 3326 8093 3339 8121 3346 8123 3334 8093
3350 8094 3350 8082 3329 8081 3319 8077
The Flood Warning is extended for
the North Fork edisto river at Orangeburg.
* Until late Tuesday night... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 12 PM Thursday the stage was 11.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 8.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall... going below flood
stage by after midnight Tuesday morning.
* At 11.0 feet... the river exceeds levee diking at stages above 11 ft.
Large areas in the city of Orangeburg will be flooded.
Lat... Lon 3355 8092 3342 8082 3336 8091 3354 8100
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Louisiana - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Special Statement
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Washington - Special Statement , Record Report