Current Watches and Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 4:08 PM EST on January 25, 2015
Expires 12:00 PM EST on January 27, 2015
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Monday afternoon
through Tuesday morning...
* hazard types... heavy snow with blowing and drifting.
* Snow accumulations... 6 to 12 inches possible. There remains some
uncertainty on where the western edge of the heavy snow sets up.
* Timing... snow develops early Monday morning and should slow the
morning commute. The brunt of the storm begins later Monday
afternoon or evening, then eventually winds down Tuesday
* Impacts... could be a major impact on travel especially Monday
night through Tuesday morning, with blowing and drifting snow
increasing late Monday and Tuesday.
* Winds... northeast 10 to 15 mph Monday, then becoming north 15 to
20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph Monday night into Tuesday.
* Temperatures... around the mid 20s Monday, then dropping to the
upper teens to lower 20s Monday night into Tuesday.
* Visibilities... as low as one quarter mile at times.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor
the latest forecasts.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Blizzard Warning , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Coastal Flood Watch , Blizzard Warning , Record Report
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Watch , Winter Storm Watch
- District of Columbia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Freezing Fog Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory
- Indiana - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Montana - Record Report
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Ohio - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report
- Rhode Island - Blizzard Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Vermont - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Washington - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wyoming - Record Report