Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 5:58 AM EDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on April 18, 2015
Areas of fog have reduced visibilities to a quarter to half mile
in spots early this morning. Motorists are urged to use extra
caution. Fog will begin to burn off after sunrise.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:32 AM EDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 18, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 8 PM EDT this
evening due to high fire danger for Sullivan, Delaware, and Otsego
counties in New York and northeast Pennsylvania...
The National Weather Service in Binghamton has issued a red flag
warning due to a high fire danger... which is in effect from noon
today to 8 PM EDT this evening. The Fire Weather Watch is no
longer in effect.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 038 Bradford... fire weather
zone 039 Susquehanna... fire weather zone 040 northern Wayne...
fire weather zone 043 Wyoming... fire weather zone 044
Lackawanna... fire weather zone 046 Otsego... fire weather zone
047 Luzerne... fire weather zone 048 Pike... fire weather zone
057 Delaware... fire weather zone 062 Sullivan and fire weather
zone 072 southern Wayne.
* Winds... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing... midday today through early this evening.
* Relative humidity... as low as 22 percent.
* Temperatures... in the upper 60s.
* Lightning... thunderstorms are not expected.
* Impacts... any fires that develop could spread rapidly. Outdoor
burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create explosive fire growth potential.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Maine - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Maryland - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wisconsin - Fire Weather Warning
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory