Current Watches and Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 2:38 AM EST on December 19, 2014
Expires 9:00 AM EST on December 19, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until 9 am EST this
* ice accumulations... a coating from freezing drizzle.
* Snow accumulations... up to one half of an inch.
* Snow and ice beginning... freezing drizzle will continue through
the early morning hours ending after sunrise.
* Period of most intense snow and ice... 3am to 6am.
* Snow and ice ending... the threat for icing from freezing
drizzle should diminish by mid-morning.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are expected due to
snow... sleet and ice covered roads.
* Winds... west 5 to 10 mph.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that snow... sleet... or freezing
rain will cause travel difficulties. Use caution while driving
and report snow and ice accumulation to the National Weather
Service by calling 412-262-1988... posting to the NWS Pittsburgh
facebook Page... or using twitter @nwspittsburgh.
Statement as of 9:59 PM EST on December 18, 2014
Expires 3:00 AM EST on December 19, 2014
... Areas of freezing drizzle through the night...
Very light freezing drizzle has been reported by penndot generally
along and north of Interstate 80. As the night
continues... patchy freezing drizzle will likely give way to light
snow. The combination of the two will continue to make untreated
surfaces slippery. Those who venture out should be prepared for
winter driving conditions.
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Special Weather Statement
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Watch
- Michigan - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Winter Weather Statement , Dense Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Ohio - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Utah - Special Statement
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Washington - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Warning , Special Weather Statement
- Wyoming - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement