Current Watches and Warnings
Pennsylvania, Southern Erie
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 9:54 AM EST on January 29, 2015
Expires 10:00 AM EST on January 30, 2015
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 am EST
* ice accumulations... around a trace.
* Snow accumulations... mainly overnight accumulations of 1 to 3
inches in Ohio and 2 to 5 inches in northwest Pennsylvania.
* Sleet accumulations... up to a couple tenths of an inch.
* Snow/ice beginning... there will be a chance of freezing rain...
sleet... and snow this morning. The precipitation will become
more widespread by midday. Precipitation may change to rain
across portions of northeast Ohio where the temperature gets
above freezing. Further northeast... snow and occasional sleet
is expected to remain the predominate precipitation type.
* Snow/ice ending... the threat for sleet and freezing rain is
expected to end by early to mid afternoon. During the late
afternoon and evening the precipitation type will transition
to all snow. Occasional snow showers will continue through the
night... tapering Friday morning.
* Winds... west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are expected due to
snow... sleet and ice covered roads.
A Winter Weather Advisory is normally issued for a variety of
winter weather conditions such as light snow... blowing snow...
sleet... freezing rain and wind chills. While the weather will be
significant... the word advisory implies that severe winter
weather is not anticipated. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio for
further details or updates.
- Arizona - Winter Storm Watch
- California - Dense Fog Advisory
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Winter Storm Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Michigan - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Ohio - Winter Weather Advisory , Freezing Rain Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Oregon - Dense Fog Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory , Freezing Rain Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Winter Weather Advisory
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report