Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, South Central Oregon Coast
Statement as of 9:19 PM PST on December 20, 2014
Expires 11:53 PM EST on December 23, 2014
The Flood Warning continues for
the Coquille river at Coquille.
* From Sunday afternoon to Tuesday evening.
* At 8:30 PM Saturday the stage was 15.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 21.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast beginning Sunday afternoon with the river
forecast to crest at 22.52 feet between 7am PST and 10am PST Monday
* Impact... at 21.0 feet... the Coquille river is at flood stage. Expect
flooding of farmland and low-lying areas throughout the flood plain
along the Coquille river.
* Impact... at 22.0 feet... Highway 42 south between Coquille and Bandon
begins to flood in some spots. The County park along the river in the
town of Coquille is completely flooded.
* Impact... at 23.0 feet... some farm buildings may be threatened and
roads covered in low areas by rising water. Expect widespread
flooding throughout the Coquille river floodplain.
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 23.6 feet
on Dec 3 2012.
Do not drive through flooded areas or roads. The water may be too
deep to allow for safe passage or there may be unseen damage to the
roadway. Use alternate routes and stay away from riverbanks.
For the latest river stages and forecasts, visit our web Page at
www.Weather.Gov/Medford or listen to NOAA Weather Radio.
Lat... Lon 4312 12442 4307 12416 4310 12412 4323 12422 4316 12441
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:48 PM PST on December 20, 2014
Expires 1:00 AM EST on December 22, 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Sunday evening...
The Flood Watch continues for
* a portion of southwest Oregon... including the following
areas... Curry County coast and south central Oregon coast.
* Through Sunday evening
* heavy rainfall will cause rapid rises on area streams... creeks
and rivers. There is also the potential for urban flooding in
areas of poor drainage and due to ponding of water on
* Heavy rainfall may also cause mudslides... Rockslides and
debris flows on area roadways... including US 101... Highway
42... and Highway 38.
Landslides and debris flows are possible during this flood event.
People... structures and roads located below steep slopes... in
canyons and near the mouths of canyons may be a serious risk from
rapidly moving landslides. A Flood Watch means there is a
potential for flooding based on current forecasts.
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Avalanche Warning
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Iowa - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freezing Rain Advisory
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Record Report
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Avalanche Warning , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement