San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Lower Columbia
Statement as of 1:42 PM PDT on September 14, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 15, 2014
..smoke will drift over parts of northwest Oregon and southwest
Washington through Monday night...
Smoke from the 36-pit wildfire will impact areas of northwest
Oregon and southwest Washington the next couple of days. The
wildfire is 10 miles east of Estacada along Highway 224. East to
southeast low-level winds will carry some of the smoke over parts
of the northern and central Willamette Valley today through Monday
Southwest mid-level winds will also bring some smoke to
the western Columbia River gorge and the southwest Washington
Cascades and Cascade foothills.
The winds will shift to the south to southwest late Monday night
and Tuesday as a weak disturbance brushes by the region. This
change in wind direction should reduce the impact of smoke to the
Willamette Valley... but may increase smoke across The Gorge and
South Washington Cascades.
The smoke may slightly reduce visibility at times. Those concerned
about air quality should refer to the Oregon department of
environmental quality web site at www.Deq.State.Or.US/aqi/index.Aspx
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 1:10 PM PDT on September 14, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 16, 2014
... Red flag warning now in effect until 5 am PDT Tuesday for low
relative humidity... an increasingly unstable environment... critically
dry fuels and dry thunderstorms for Oregon fire weather zones
602... 603... 604... 605... 606... 607... and 608... as well as
Washington fire weather zones 604 and 660...
* affected area... Oregon fire weather zones
602... 603... 604... 605... 606... 607... 608. Washington zones 604
and 660. This includes the Clark County lowlands and extreme
South Washington Cascades and foothills in Washington and much
of northwest Oregon from the Coast Range to the Cascades.
* Timing... critical fire weather conditions will continue through
* Stability... mid-level Haines 6 conditions through Monday.
* Relative humidity... 12 to 25 percent Monday. Very poor humidity
recovery tonight on slopes and ridges.
* Thunderstorms... a threat of thunderstorms over the south half of
the forecast area late Monday afternoon or early evening then
spreading north thereafter. Very little rainfall with any
storm... especially those over the north half of the region.
* Winds... east wind will become rather localized tonight and
Monday. Strongest wind of 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph will
be confined to portions of the north Oregon Cascades and
foothills... west portion of zone 660... and in the Columbia Gorge
west of Cascade Locks.
* Impacts... the combination of low humidity... an increasingly
unstable environment... critically dry fuels and possible
lightning may result in rapid fire spread of on-going incidents
and the potential for new starts. Wind will be an added factor
near the Columbia River gorge.
Precautionary/preparedness actions... a red flag warning means
that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...
or will shortly. A combination of strong winds... low relative
humidity... and warm temperatures will create explosive fire
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Record Report
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maine - Frost Advisory
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- North Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report