Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Coast Range of Northwest Oregon
Statement as of 12:48 PM PDT on August 26, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on August 26, 2016
... Heat advisory remains in effect until 8 PM PDT this evening
below 2500 feet...
A heat advisory below 2500 feet remains in effect until 8 PM PDT
* Locations include: Vernonia... Veneta.
* High temperatures: 85 to 95.
* Impacts: the elderly... youth... and those without air
conditioning will be vulnerable to the heat. Those working
or exercising outdoors will be at an increased risk of
dehydration and heat-related illness.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected in which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of
fluids... stay in an air-conditioned room... stay out of the
sunshine... and check up on relatives and neighbors.
Take extra precautions... if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded
location. Heat stroke is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
Those seeking relief from the heat in the Ocean... Lakes... pools...
or rivers should be diligent about water safety. Wear a life
preserving Vest... maintain a good distance from moving boats...
and only swim to your abilities.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 8:46 AM PDT on August 26, 2016
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
9 PM PDT this evening for significantly unstable conditions for
fire weather zones or602... or603... or604... or605... or606...
or607... or608... wa602... wa604 and wa660...
* affected area... in Oregon... fire weather zones 602... 603...
604... 605... 606... 607 and 608. In Washington... fire weather
zones 602... 604 and 660.
* Haines... mid level Haines 6 this afternoon with dry and
* Relative humidity... minimum humidities around 15 percent.
* Temperatures... mid to upper 90s.
* Impacts... due to dry fuel conditions... any fire start has the
potential for rapid wind driven spread. Additionally... fire
starts will have the potential for rapid spread from spotting
and growth due to instability.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
http://weather.Gov/Portland (all lower case)
Statement as of 5:10 PM PDT on August 27, 2016
... Several daily record high temperatures set today...
Updated high for Salem today
Location August 27 old record / year
Astoria, or 91 90 / 1935
Salem, or 99 98 / 1986 ... updated
Eugene, or 98 96 / 2014
This is a preliminary report with the maximum temperatures reported
as of 510 PM. If necessary, another report will be issued later.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Tornado Watch , Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Tornado Watch , Tornado Watch , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Warning
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert
- New York - Record Report
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report