San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 3:51 AM CDT on July 23, 2014
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on July 23, 2014
... Heat advisory remains in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 8 PM
CDT this evening...
A heat advisory is in effect...
For the following counties...
* in Oklahoma... Cherokee... creek... Okfuskee... Okmulgee...
Wagoner... Rogers... Mayes... Pawnee... Washington... Osage...
Nowata... Sequoyah... McIntosh... Muskogee and Haskell.
* a ridge of high pressure aloft will remain entrenched over the
region today... allowing high temperatures to climb
into the mid to upper 90s this afternoon. Combining this heat
with high humidity in place will yield dangerous heat indices
in the 105 to 110 degree range this afternoon.
* the combination of hot temperatures and high humidity will
combine to create a dangerous situation in which heat illnesses
* take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
* To reduce risk during
outdoor work the occupational safety and health administration
recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air
conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be
moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an
emergency... call 911.
* Additional weather information can also be found at:
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory
- California - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Fire Weather Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report