San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Excessive Heat Watch
Statement as of 4:01 PM CDT on July 24, 2014
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on July 26, 2014
... Excessive heat watch remains in effect from Friday afternoon
through Saturday evening...
An excessive heat watch is in effect...
For the following counties...
* in Oklahoma... Pawnee... Tulsa and Osage.
* a ridge of high pressure aloft will spread over Oklahoma and
Arkansas Friday on through the weekend. As a result... high
temperatures will climb to near the century mark across
northeast Oklahoma Friday and Saturday. Combining this heat
with high dewpoints will yield afternoon heat index values in
the 105 to 108 range. In addition... overnight lows in the Tulsa
Metro and points to the northwest will remain very warm Friday
night due to persistent south to southwest winds... and thus
will not provide much relief from the heat.
* the combination of hot temperatures and high humidity will
combine to create a dangerous situation in which heat illnesses
* take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
* To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest
breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone
overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location.
Heat stroke is an emergency... call 911.
* Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... commercial radio or television
for the latest information concerning this weather event.
Additional weather information can also be found at:
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 12:35 PM CDT on July 24, 2014
... Weather radio broadcast down for maintenance...
The weather radio broadcast will be taken down temporarily for
routine maintenance... between the hours of 1 and 2 PM local time.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Weather Statement , Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Illinois - Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Heat Advisory
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Special Weather Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Excessive Heat Watch , Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Special Weather Statement
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert, Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Tornado Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report