Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 7:12 AM EDT on July 28, 2016
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on July 29, 2016
601 am EDT Thu Jul 28 2016
The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a
* Flood Advisory for...
northeastern Lewis County in northeastern Kentucky...
Scioto County in southwestern Ohio...
southeastern Pike County in southwestern Ohio...
* until 1015 am EDT.
* At 710 am EDT... radar indicated thunderstorms with heavy rain
across the advisory area. Radar estimates that 1 to 1.5 inches
of rain has fallen this morning with another half inch possible.
* Minor flooding of low lying and poorly drained streets... highways
and underpasses will occur. In addition... farmland near creeks...
streams and drainage ditches will experience minor flooding.
Some locations that will experience minor flooding include
Portsmouth... Wheelersburg... New Boston... South Webster...
Sciotodale... Lucasville... Rosemount... Franklin Furnace... Beaver...
Otway... State Route 335 at State Route 776... West Portsmouth...
Powellsville... Friendship... Givens... McDermott... Minford...
Wakefield... Lyra and Portsmouth regional Airport.
To report flooding... go to our website at weather.Gov/iln and submit
your report via social media... when you can do so safely.
Lat... Lon 3890 8325 3914 8279 3895 8281 3894 8275
3885 8276 3885 8265 3876 8266 3875 8270
3868 8271 3868 8276 3866 8277 3863 8286
3869 8288 3874 8287 3876 8289 3873 8298
3873 8302 3870 8304 3868 8303 3861 8308
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Friday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Kentucky and southwest Ohio... including the
following areas... in Kentucky... Bracken... Carroll... Gallatin...
Grant... Lewis... Mason... Owen... Pendleton and Robertson. In
southwest Ohio... Adams... Brown... Pike and Scioto.
* Through Friday morning
* the ground within the watch area remains quite wet from recent
heavy rainfall over the past few days. Additional rounds of
showers and thunderstorms with heavy rain are likely through
early Friday morning which could lead to flash flooding. Another
1 to 2 inches of rainfall will be possible with locally higher
People in the watch area should keep an eye on the weather and be
prepared for immediate action should heavy rains and flooding
occur or a Flash Flood Warning be issued. Avoid low-lying areas...
and be careful when approaching Highway dips and underpasses.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Delaware - Flash Flood Watch
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Public Information Statement
- Maine - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Michigan - Special Statement , Special Statement, Beach Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Air Quality Alert
- New Jersey - Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Ohio - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania - Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Texas - Record Report
- Utah - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report