Current Watches and Warnings
New York, New York (Manhattan)
Statement as of 3:43 AM EDT on July 26, 2016
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on July 26, 2016
... Heat advisory remains in effect from noon today to 6 PM EDT
* heat index values... in the mid 90s due to temperatures in the
mid 90s... and dewpoints in the lower 60s.
* Timing... highest heat indices between 1 PM and 5 PM.
* Impacts... the combination of the heat and humidity will
increase the risk for heat related health issues... especially
for the elderly... those with chronic health problems such as
lung and heart disease... those working outdoors... and other
heat sensitive groups of people.
A heat advisory is issued for New York City when the combination
of heat and humidity is expected to make it feel like it is at
least 95 degrees for two consecutive days... or 100 degrees for
any length of time.
Seniors and those with chronic health problems or mental health
conditions are at an increased risk. Homes without air
conditioning can be much hotter than outdoor temperatures.
Use air conditioning to stay cool at home or go to a place that
has air conditioning. Check on vulnerable friends... family
members and neighbors. To find a NYC cooling center call 3-1-1 or
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments.
Statement as of 2:21 AM EDT on July 26, 2016
... Record high temperature and record daily maximum rainfall set at
a record high temperature of 99 degrees was set at Newark NJ yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 98 set in 1999.
A record rainfall of 1.84 inch(es) was set at Newark NJ yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 1.41 set in 1997.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert
- California - Special Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Record Report
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Special Statement
- Maryland - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Mississippi - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Special Statement , Record Report
- Nevada - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- North Dakota - Areal Flood Advisory
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement , Record Report
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report