Current Watches and Warnings
New York, Southern Herkimer
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 2:54 PM EDT on March 23, 2017
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on March 24, 2017
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 6 am to 2 PM EDT
The National Weather Service in Albany has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow, sleet and freezing rain which is in
effect from 6 am to 2 PM EDT Friday.
* Locations... the eastern Catskills, Schoharie valley, greater
capital region, Mohawk Valley, northern and central Taconics,
* Hazard types... snow, sleet and freezing rain.
* Snow and sleet accumulations... snow and sleet accumulations of
a few tenths of an inch to up to 1 inch.
* Ice accumulations... trace to less than a tenth of an inch.
* Timing... snow will initially overspread the region before
daybreak, then quickly transition to sleet and freezing rain by
the late morning. Temperatures continue to rise above freezing
in the early afternoon changing the mixed precipitation to
* Impacts... slippery travel conditions due to snow or ice covered
roads during the morning commute into the early afternoon.
* Winds... south 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... in the 20s to lower 30s rising above freezing in
the late morning into the afternoon.
* Visibilities... less than a mile or less at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
- Alabama -
- Arkansas - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Connecticut -
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Lake Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Winter Weather Advisory
- Michigan - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Mississippi - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Missouri - Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- Nevada - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- New Hampshire -
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Flood Watch
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Rhode Island -
- Tennessee - Wind Advisory
- Utah - Areal Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Vermont - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Winter Weather Advisory