San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Northern Lander County and Northern Eureka County
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 12:52 PM PDT on September 21, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 22, 2014
207 am PDT sun Sep 21 2014
The National Weather Service in Elko has issued an
* Arroyo and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
southern Eureka County in north central Nevada...
southeastern Lander County in north central Nevada
north central Nye County in south central Nevada...
this includes the city of Manhattan...
* until 345 PM PDT
* at 1249 PM PDT Doppler radar indicated scattered slow-moving
thunderstorms over southern Eureka and northern Nye
counties... moving slowly north. Radar estimates over one inch of
rain has fallen from the strongest storms over the last hour.
Normally dry streams and washes will experience rapid rises.
Localized flooding of low-lying areas if likely.
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
In hilly terrain there are hundreds of low water crossings which are
potentially dangerous in heavy rain. Do not attempt to travel across
flooded roads. Find alternate routes. It takes only a few inches of
swiftly flowing water to carry vehicles away.
Lat... Lon 3943 11675 3953 11603 3857 11635 3848 11709
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of east central Nevada... north central Nevada...
northeast Nevada and south central Nevada... including the
following areas... in east central Nevada... White Pine County.
In north central Nevada... northern Lander County and northern
Eureka County and southern Lander County and southern Eureka
County. In northeast Nevada... northern Elko County... Ruby
Mountains/East Humboldt Range... south central Elko County...
southeastern Elko County and southwestern Elko County. In
south central Nevada... northeastern Nye County and
northwestern Nye County.
* Through this evening
* widespread rain and thunderstorms are expected across central
and northern Nevada today. Very high moisture levels will allow
for efficient rainfall production... with excessive rainfall
rates and amounts from the strongest thunderstorms. Rainfall
amounts will average one quarter to one half inch for most
locales... with local amounts as high as 3 inches possible.
* Areas most prone to flash flooding include small creeks... dry
washes... and burn scars near steep mountainous terrain. Rock
slides and debris flows are possible in steep terrain... in
addition to erosion of gravel and dirt roads.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 2:28 AM PDT on September 21, 2014
... Record high temperature set at Eureka Airport NV...
the high temperature of 85 degrees at Eureka Airport NV yesterday
tied the previous record. The previous record of 85 degrees was set
Local Storm Report
09/20/2014 0243 PM
20 miles ESE of hickison su, Eureka County.
Hail m0.25 inch, reported by trained spotter.
Hail and heavy rain with minor runoff.
09/20/2014 0435 PM
Eureka, Eureka County.
Hail m0.25 inch, reported by Emergency Mngr.
Brief heavy rain and small hail.
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory