Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Southeastern Elko County
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:12 PM PDT on July 29, 2016
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on July 31, 2016
... Red flag warning in effect from 5 am to 11 PM PDT Saturday for
dry thunderstorms and gusty outflow winds for fire weather zones
468... 469... and 470...
The National Weather Service in Elko has issued a red flag
warning for dry thunderstorms and gusty outflow winds... which is
in effect from 5 am to 11 PM PDT Saturday. The Fire Weather Watch
is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 468 eastern Humboldt County
and northwestern Elko County... fire weather zone 469
southwestern and central Elko County and fire weather zone 470
eastern Elko County.
* Thunderstorm coverage... isolated dry thunderstorms early in
the afternoon are expected to develop to scattered mostly dry
thunderstorms during the late afternoon and evening. A mix of
dry and wet thunderstorms will be possible over the mountains.
* Outflow winds... erratic winds with gusts to 50 mph will be
possible with thunderstorms.
* Impacts... dry lightning may create new fire starts and combine
with strong outflow winds to produce rapid fire growth.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Statement as of 5:30 PM PDT on July 29, 2016
... Record high temperatures set at Elko, Eureka and Tonopah
airports on Friday...
station new record old record years
Elko Airport 102 101 1978, 1924, 1898
Eureka Airport 99 97 2000
Tonopah Airport 102 100 1991
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Illinois - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Michigan - Areal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Public Information Statement
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report