San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Northern Nye County
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:33 PM PDT on June 17, 2013
... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am to 9 PM PDT Tuesday for
gusty winds and low relative humidity for fire weather zones
454... 455... 457... 467... 468... 469 and 470...
The National Weather Service in Elko has issued a red flag
warning for gusty winds and low relative humidity... which is in
effect from 11 am to 9 PM PDT Tuesday. The Fire Weather Watch is
no longer in effect.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 454 central Lander and
Eureka counties... fire weather zone 455 White Pine County...
fire weather zone 457 Lander/Eureka counties south of Highway
50 plus northern Nye County... fire weather zone 467 central
and western Humboldt County... fire weather zone 468 eastern
Humboldt County and northwestern Elko County... fire weather
zone 469 southwestern and central Elko County and fire weather
zone 470 eastern Elko County.
* Winds... southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Relative humidity... min rh of 5 to 10 percent.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity will
create critical fire weather conditions.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create explosive fire growth potential.
- Alabama - Flash Flood Watch
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Areal Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Maryland - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
View your local ocean forecast and tides in our Marine Report.
See the latest severe weather alerts from the National Weather Services, locally and nationally, in our Severe Weather Center.