San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Western Nevada Basin and Range including Pyramid Lake
Statement as of 3:20 PM PDT on October 24, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on October 26, 2014
... Wind Advisory in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a Wind Advisory...
which is in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT Saturday. The lake
Wind Advisory has been upgraded.
* Timing: winds will increase Saturday morning and continue
through the afternoon... then diminish Saturday evening.
* Winds: southwest 20 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Pyramid Lake wave heights: 2 to 5 feet. Highest waves from mid
lake to north and east shores.
* Small boats will be prone to capsizing and should remain off
lake waters until conditions improve.
* Impacts: hazardous travel conditions for high profile vehicles
with travel restrictions possible on Highway 50. If you have
outdoor decorations... make sure they are secured or brought
indoors before Saturday morning.
Motorists... especially in high profile vehicles... should use
caution and remain alert for sudden gusts or cross winds. Check
our website at weather.Gov/Reno or listen to NOAA Weather Radio
for updates on this situation.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:57 PM PDT on October 24, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 25, 2014
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 8 am to 8 PM PDT
Saturday for strong winds and low humidity for west central
* affected area... fire zone 453 west central Nevada basin and
range and fire zone 459 Mineral and southern Lyon counties.
* Winds... southwest 20 to 35 mph with gusts to 55 mph. Strongest
winds north of Highway 50.
* Humidity... 11 to 19 percent.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity will
create critical fire weather conditions.
A red flag warning means weather conditions can cause fires to
grow rapidly in size and intensity before first responders can
contain them. Avoid doing outdoor activities that can create a
spark near dry vegetation... such as yard work... target shooting...
or campfires. Continue to check weather.Gov/Reno for updates and
- Alaska - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory, High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Iowa - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Rhode Island - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Wind Advisory
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement